Buying a new one
We have fantastic new homes for you to part rent, part buy in neighbourhoods right across North East Lincolnshire from the village of Stallingborough to the modern housing showpiece that is Freshney Green.
So if you're struggling to get a deposit together, you're living at home with mum and dad and just don't want to be, then we have perfect homes to help you take that first step on the property ladder.
Our shared ownership schemes are aimed at helping those people who cannot afford to buy a home outright. Shared ownership allows you to buy a share of a property and pay rent on the remaining share which you do not own. Over time, if you wish, you can buy more shares so that eventually you own your home in full. To apply you must be in housing need and unable to buy a home outright. If you feel shared ownership could be right for you take a look at some of our currently available schemes.
Occasionally properties become available for resale, to register for resales on the following schemes please complete the form below.
- Dickinson's Orchard, Scartho, Grimsby
- Freshney Green, Grimsby
- Green Pastures, Church Lane, Holton-le-Clay
- Hampton Court, Curzon Avenue, Cleethorpes
- Murfin Court, Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes
- Pelham Heights, Scartho Top, Grimsby
- Robert Pearson Mews, Grimsby
- Saxonfields, Stallingborough
- The Limes, Waltham, Grimsby
- Wicklow Mews, Scartho, Grimsby
To apply for one of our shared ownership properties you will need to complete our application form. Our application form allows you to indicate which property you would like to be considered for. If we do not currently have properties available in the area of your choice you can complete an application form in order to be assessed and if successful, added to our waiting list for future properties. You can download an application form here.
All of our available properties are advertised here and any closing dates are stated next to the property details. We will assess all applications against our criteria and the person in the most housing need will be the successful applicant.
Applicants are eligible for shared ownership accommodation if they meet the following tests of suitability:
- in housing need
- able to afford a share of a property without hardship and
The priority groups are as follows in order of priority:
- Serving military personnel and those discharged honourably in the last 2 years.
- Where there is more than one application for a property we will use additional criteria to prioritise applications as follows in order of priority.
- Existing public sector tenants
- Those accepted by the local authority (North East Lincolnshire Council) into Band 3 or above
- Other first time buyers and HOLD scheme applicants
Bungalows and Age restricted apartments
Occasionally we will have available for sale bungalows or apartments which will have specific sale requirements which will be set on a scheme by scheme basis. This may include age restrictions or availability may be restricted to people who have a need for this type of accommodation.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must not currently own another property (unless your current property is owned on shared ownership terms and you are looking to move to another shared ownership property)
- You must not have an income that is sufficient to buy a suitable property on the open market
- You should have some savings to put towards the deposit and purchasing expenses
- You must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate your ability to afford the total monthly outgoings of rent, mortgage and service charges required under shared ownership
- You must register with Help to Buy NEYH at www.helptobuyneyh.co.uk
Help to Buy NEYH are the government's homebuy agent for North East, Yorkshire and Humber and are a one-stop shop for information and applications for low cost home ownership across the area.
Help to Buy NEYH will assess your application and recommend to us whether or not we accept your application.
You can find out more about shared ownership by visiting their website.
Simply complete the form below and we will add you to our mailing list.