des – Development. Employment. Skills.
Welcome to our dedicated employment advice section.
Sometimes it can be hard to know where to start when planning a return to work, moving employment or when you want to learn new skills.
We believe that the local community needs supporting more than ever before. We understand how difficult it can be to change your life and how hard it can be to take small steps to improve your circumstances.
Through this dedicated employment section you'll find useful hints, tips and advice on:
- Career planning
- Getting back into work
- Moving your career forward if you are already in work
- Looking for work when your background might be looked into, for example if you have a criminal record
- Searching for job opportunities and training
- Becoming self-employed or starting your own business
- CV building
- Online job applications
- Interview skills
- Writing that perfect online job application
- Finding other agencies that can support you
You'll also find details of local organisations that you may be able to offer you work place opportunities such as:
- Supported placements
- Work experience